[摘要]血浓于水、闭着眼睛也能、烧钱……这些中文表达相比你一定相当熟悉了。可是你是否知道,在英文里面也有和这些说法相似的表达,而且它们的意思几乎完全一样呢!快来看看这篇文章整理的内容吧!
1. Blood is thicker than water.
Family relationships are stronger than any others.
中文里的“血浓于水”,这算是完全直译喽。
2. Be able to do something in your sleep
To be able to do something very easily because you have done it many times before.
中文里可以对应“我闭着眼睛也能…”。
例如:
I haven't done many portraits, but I could paint landscapes in my sleep.
我画的肖像画不多,但是我闭着眼也能画风景。
3. Have money to burn
To have so much money that you do not have to be careful with it.
我们说“烧钱”,英文里也用了burn哦。“钱多到拿钱点烟”,这么记就记住了。还记得之前说过的“花钱如流水”不?对了,就是spend money like water.
4. keep somebody at arm's length
To avoid having a close relationship with somebody.
中文里咱们有“保持一臂距离”对吧,这么记就特别好记。例如:
He keeps all his clients at arm's length.
他和所有的客户都保持距离。
5. (in) black and white
a)In a way that makes people or things seem completely bad or good, or completely right or wrong.
我们在评论是非对错的时候,可能会听到有人说“不分黑白”。英文里也用黑和白来指绝对的好和坏,对和错。例如:
It's a complex issue, but he only sees it in black and white.
这是个很复杂的问题,但是他只是非黑即白地来看它。
b)In writing or in print
中文里,尤其是在电视剧里,每次遇到“签字画押”情节,总能听到“白纸黑字”是不?英文里也有对应的含义。例如:
I never thought they'd put it in black and white on the front page.
我没想到他们会把这白纸黑字地印在头版上。
6. Shut / close your eyes to something
To pretend that you have not noticed something so that you do not have to deal with it
中文里咱们说“对……视而不见”,差不多就是这个意思。例如:
You can't just close your eyes to his violence.
你不能对他的暴力行为视而不见。
They seem intent on shutting their eyes to the problems of pollution.
他们似乎打算对污染问题视而不见。
7. Shut/ slam the door in somebody's face
a)to shut a door hard when somebody is trying to come in
b)to refuse to talk to somebody or meet them, in a rude way
这个表达有两个意思,除了字面意思外,另一个就跟我们的“拒之门外”很像了。
8. Two heads are better than one.
Used to say that two people can achieve more than one person working alone.
“三个臭皮匠赛过诸葛亮”,或者“人多力量大”,可以这么理解。
9. Rack your brain(s)
To think very hard or for a long time about something.
“绞尽脑汁”就翻译成这个。例如:
She racked her brains, trying to remember exactly what she had said.
她绞尽脑汁想回忆起她到底说了什么。
10. Take the weight off your feet
To sit down and rest, especially when you are tired
我们的“歇歇脚”,以后用英文就这么说。
12. Be engraved on/ in your heart, memory, mind, etc.
To be something that you will never forget because it affected you so strongly.
深深地印在心里或者记忆力。例如:
The date of the accident remains engraved on my mind.
事情发生的那个日子已铭记在我心上。
中英文里极其神似的表达远不止这些,大家平时要善于积累,善于观察哦!
重要提醒!!内容中联系方式并非本站联系方式,报名咨询的学员请与下面最新联系方式联系我们咨询报名-以免损失!
>>长期招聘兼职招生代理人员,项目合作,团报优惠咨询,有意者请联系我们 >>咨询:13312524700(可加微信)。
云南地州中心:◆咨询电话:0871-65385921、17787865775 冯老师、 王老师(微信报名:17787865775)
总部报名地址: ◆昆明市-五华区教场东路莲花财富中心10楼;网课试听:ke.xuekaocn.cn
地州分校: 大理分校 丽江分校 迪庆分校 怒江分校 红河分校 临沧分校 玉溪分校 文山分校 保山分校 德宏分校 昭通分校 普洱分校 版纳分校 【各地州学员请加老师微信咨询报名,电话(微信):133-1252-4700】;【2021年云南省成人高考>>立即报名】
职业技能考证:心理咨询师、健康管理师、茶艺师等更多>◆咨询电话:133 1252 4700(微信)
公考培训咨询:◆国考云南省考公务员/事业单位面授培训,咨询电话:133 1252 4700 (微信)